Home Unreal Engine

Is it possible to have multiple directional/skylights visible at the same time?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Luiz_Gustavo polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone!
That's pretty much it, I had this idea for a portfolio piece that would be something similar to this scene in Dr. Strange
So essentially I would be making 4 environments in one (killing 4 birds with 1 stone :# haha). But I can't figure out how to have multiple lighting scenarios visible on screen at the same time.
I tried doing it with HDRIs but it's treated as a skylight and you can't have multiple sky/directional/hdri lights in the same level.

I would appreciate very much any suggestions, tips, or ideas on how I could approach this!
Thanks!

Replies

• another caveman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another caveman greentooth
    They could be three materials, with three different panorama HDR, with ReflectionVector for UVs 
    And emissive
    After looking a bit you could notice it's just a background maybe you'd like to cheat with some geometry going in depth too
  • Luiz_Gustavo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luiz_Gustavo polycounter lvl 2
    They could be three materials, with three different panorama HDR, with ReflectionVector for UVs 
    And emissive
    After looking a bit you could notice it's just a background maybe you'd like to cheat with some geometry going in depth too

Hey!

So I was trying to do it with the PortalsBP from the Marketplace but it would be just too intensive, and I'm trying to take performance into account.

This method you suggested is interesting, as the material for skyboxes right?
    For this project, I just want to make a short video closing in on the portals so I think I will also add some VFX to the portals to really sell the environment inside.
    I'll try to see if it's possible to use a video in the material and have the Reflection Vector at the same time that would be cool.

Thanks for the tips!