Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Kitchen (critique please!)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sofabound polycounter lvl 9

Hello! I've been trying out a stylized render for the past week, and could use some feedback on anything that needs changing / fixing. I've been focusing mostly on lighting and shading so any and all critiques are welcome.

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I am really stretching.
    If you could add any blinking lights or any lights (visibly) i think would add a nice "stylized/toon", look to it like yellows or oranges on those blues, a clock somewhere for maybe some greens, things like this.
    Maybe change the color of the trash bin to a complimentary color for the scene (maybe even the top or bottom part a different color).
    Bulkier fridge handles would work i think they look too thin to be "stylized", and what kind of stylized are you going for (idk if there are any references you are getting inspired by trying to accomplish a similar style you saw or making it up as you go.)

• sofabound
    Offline / Send Message
    sofabound polycounter lvl 9
    Update with some lighting / texturing / other changes:

@DavidCruz thanks a bunch for the feedback! Just saw this today, but do you mean adding orange or yellow accents onto things like the stove / microwave, like how I have a reddish handle on the dishwasher? 

I did update the fridge handles although I'm wondering if the material is a bit much. I'll give adding some green elements a go and see if that helps make the color scheme pop!

I have been making it up as I go, so doing a bit of my own thing. I'm thinking that my shapes could be more blocky and/or round and the proportions more unrealistic hehe, but I thiiiiink I'm happy with the direction it's going. These are the style / color references I was looking at when I started out:

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Yea.  
    Nice references.
    I liked the previous wood color but you can do what you wish, i suppose you changed it cause it starts to look too similar to the references then.(i get it)
    Handles all around look good, they use bulkier object designs as it continues with the "stylized, small/cutesy theme.