Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for experienced 2D and possibly 3D Artists

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
LDKSuperDante polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I was suggested to try looking here by someone helping me with a project. I've also been looking around on ArtStation. I'll probably post here in freelance and the collaboration section. I figure if you want to help me for fun, then great! If you wish to be paid, I'm also fully willing to do so :).

I'm remastering an older (2012) game that I love; Dragon's Dogma. I want the remaster to be as faithful as possible, but AI upscaling the textures is terrible compared to hand drawn things.

However, I don't know how to hand draw very many things despite working on the game for the last 3 years. I'm a slow learner when it comes to art, so it was suggested I find an experienced 2D artist on ArtStation or Polycount. If possible, I'm also looking for a 3D artist to help me create high quality Normal maps. I'm by no means asking 1 person to do all the work, anything that anybody is willing to help with will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone able to help me out, even just a little :).

Replies

• Polad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polad polycounter lvl 2
    Hello,
    Wasn't long at all would like to hear more :)
    About texture size it all depends on texel density of course but I never recommend more than 4k on one texture, specially in an old engine.
    Instead if the game engine has UDIM support or can it be modified to support it we can have turn each texture into 4 to upscale them. Alternatively we might be able to have multiply material on one character instead of UDIMs to reach 6k and above kind of resolution on one character. This all will be involving modifying UV maps on characters.
    Now for most of the textures we can get away with AI upscale and or using  some kind of modification of online materials. for foliage, ground, rock, wall etc. for material with no normal map we can use AI photo to material to generate Normal\Specular maps.
    Of course these are almost instead and leaves time to be carefully edited. I would use gigapixels and substance alchemist  then substance painter to edit it further, add material on top like moss, cracks, dirt etc.

We can talk about this further if you like~