Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Delorean Time Machine WIP 2nd Attempt

Nerdicon3000
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Nerdicon3000 polycounter lvl 8
Started this last year for a comp but never finished it. In lockdown now so thought I would give it another shot. heaps still to do.

Replies

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This might not look like much of a change but I pretty much redid the front end and messed around with the proportions. If anyone can see something I should change before I get into the real detail I would really appreciate it. Fresh eyes on this would be great as I have been staring at it way to long. I also started to model the flux capacitor, just cause I wanted to :)

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just another quick render. Is there anyone here who can recommend a renderer for this or should I just stick with Keyshot?. I am only used to Realtime rendering so this is my first go at doing something like this. Should I just do some research and find one I like? I decided to try film kind of stuff because there are no jobs for Game artists where I am. I am getting better at the modelling but still trying to figure out the rendering side.

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on the interior now. Still got stuff to do on the exterior but got most of it done. I think it will look way cooler with the doors up.

• Phoenix995
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 polycounter
    Love it! really great stuff!
    what will you do with it? just render a nice shot, because it does look like its a smoothmesh right?
  • Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I'm going to do a whole scene, textured and everything. Really want to learn how to do proper renders and stuff so going all out on this and yes it's just a smooth mesh, straight out of Maya.
  • Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still going along. Learning heaps about modelling but still need to find a good rendering tutorial. Just added the plates for fun :)

• Valvoa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valvoa polycounter lvl 8
    Really nice work so far, look forward to seeing the textured version. 
  • Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Put some basic shaders on it but will do the final textures in substance. Putting some smaller details in now. I think it will really look better when I finish the interior and the doors can open. Thinking of doing a turntable and animation of all the doors opening and lights turning on. Have to finish it first!

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Well I stopped for a while but I'm back at it again. I keep on remodelling things that I'm not happy with. I will get it right one of these days. Again, critiques are welcome. Still lots to go. Still need help with rendering if anyone can help or knows of any good tutorials.

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Started blocking out the interior. Matching the inner scissor doors to the rest of the interior is the hardest thing I have ever Modelled but I started this hoping I would learn more techniques and I feel I am doing that. I am taking way to long so I definitely have to work on my speed. Again any critiques or advice on how to model or render are welcomed and appreciated.

• Sora123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sora123 polycounter lvl 5

I love your render nice!

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

@Sora123 Thanks, I'm just trying to figure out how to do this rendering stuff.

This is the time circuit switch. I wish I could find better Pics of the parts from the original car but I did the best with what I could find.

• Nerdicon3000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Well, still going! Done the main parts of the interior. I'm leaving all the cables for the inside and out until last so I can do it all in one go. There are a lot of details to this car so I am just going through ref images and finding what I can. Inside roof and doors are all that's left of the major modelling, and then it's time for the fine details and then that's it.

Again all critiques are welcomed.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Looks super. Well done!