Home Marmoset

How to stop a turntable spinning without reset the camera to the start position?

Hi guys, I'm using the turntable in conjunction with my camera, to show my model.
I'm animating the camera, to go up, down, zoom in, and out while my model is spinning. I want the spinning to stop at some point, so I can show some details animating only the camera.

The problem is that I don't know how to stop the spinning properly. Both turntable properties: "Spin Rate" and "Enable Spin", reset the turntable to the original position when set to zero or OFF. And I don't want to reset anything.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you'll.

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Yea i wanted that to, i think you could do it with the Animation option still on, so when ever you want it to end you Hit the check mark, i'd do it at the end where i want it to stop and at the start twice with the record option on so that it "sticks", at least this is how i'd do it in 3 idk about 4.  You would probably either have to have two of the same designs (so a copy) one with turning and one without and make it smoothly transitioned from one to the other to make it easier on you.
  • EarthQuake
    The turntable object doesn't provide this level of control.

What you can do is instead is create a group object, place it where you with the pivot point to be, and then place your camera in that group instead of a turntable. Then you can animate the group's rotation, using the keyframing and falloff controls in the keyframe editor to spin, slow down, or stop completely