Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Art Show Reel - Unreal 5

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Finally put together a showreel of my environment art i've been improving over this last year.
It features more scenes shot using Unreal 5. Software used includes - 3ds Max, zBrush, Substance Painter, World Machine, Unreal, Megascans.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuBgFtHDbac

Portfolio

Replies

• pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Congrats on leveling up! Yet your climb to the top of the mountain is still a wip.....

Presentation is solid, yet the content could use a lot more polish, lighting being the worst offender overall. Too blown out, and lacking confidence or ability to set mood or atmosphere. Stretched textures on the windows of the cathedral, and some flickering issue that immediately draws the eye away from the content, and overall a lot of the models lack a good balance of soft hard edges concerning sculpting (not hard/soft edges for seams/baking). I guess I'm saying is a lot of the modeling looks low quality and are defined with blobby shapes that lack proper form or structure. (Skull being a good example, or the cloth hanging from the banners). You should also add all your contact info to your description section on youtube, honestly no one will take the time to type that into a browser unless you're an art God. Case in point, Simon Fuchs. Study, and learn.