Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Blade Master

This is the second character I created during my Mentorship at CGverse https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZGrbGG 1. I wanted to create a character that would contrast the Minotaur I did and so I picked Sinsun’s beautiful Katana Concept sinsun - Katana. I hope you like the finished model rendered in both Blender and Marmoset Toolbag!

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Nice work!
    The pose looks a little odd. The head in the last image looks a bit small. For a final it is an odd angle and also the face dissolves into the neck due to the low shadow strength. Its difficult to pull off a flat frontal face shot. The pose is a bit strange as I cant see if she is walking or posing. Her front foot appears to be grounded and the legs seem to be crossed (final render). Her breasts look unnaturally pointed to the front of the figure and the tilt doesn't really line up with the rib cage. Also with the right arm being raised the shape and position of the breast would reflect that.
  • SeanFerretti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, thanks for the feedback, working on the pose was definitely the biggest challenge. Interpreting the concept art and making it look good from all angles in 3D was not easy. I wanted the character to be posing rather than walking but I guess it's not clear. I definitely agree with you on the final render shadows being too soft in some areas. Since this character is finished, I will make sure to focus more on the anatomy of the pose for future work, cheers!