Home Adobe Substance

How to modify shape_splatter to scale up beyond 5?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
it's what I get  when try to do it  by "max pattern liberty"     The input cube continue to  getting scaled up but  is cropped by some square frame.    Does anybody know how to  get rid of  or scale up this frame too?

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    There doesn't seem to be a hard clamp on the f2 size parameter - can you not use that instead? 
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    poopipe said:
    There doesn't seem to be a hard clamp on the f2 size parameter - can you not use that instead? 

Sorry , not sure I got it.   What's "F2 size parameter"?     

You mean Size X  and Y sliders?   they work with same frame cropping .

I can't figure out  what  makes  those frames 
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Yeah, those ones. There doesn't seem to be a limit and it seemed to react in a sensible way when you consider height blending etc. 

I only had a quick look inside but since it's pixel processor based I can see how there would be a limit - they're generating a UV space for each pattern rather than placing. And scaling it as you would in an FX map 

It's probably possible to change it - I'd have to spend a few hours poking at it to really understand what's going on though
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    poopipe said:
    Yeah, those ones. There doesn't seem to be a limit
    There is no limit in what number you could put in sliders  but in fact the shape is still cropped by same uv space size.    So you still can't upscale it too much.     I suspect the size of that crop  UV spaces is defined  initially by X and Y amount   as a  size of initial cells    but my guess  it should  still be possible  to  scale it  up by some  multiplier .

As it is now it imposes a serious limitation:    you can't make  a lot of splatters and keep them  dense placed  and not too small at the same time .  You have to combine  3-4  shape splatters with different seed  together.    it's a pain  and should be an easier way to do it .