Home Marmoset

Toolbag 4 image sequence rendering oddity

wilson66
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
wilson66 polycounter lvl 8
I'm rendering a turntable of one of my models (png sequence). Everything is working fine. 

Until the situation where I have aborted the rendering, and am now trying to make Toolbag continue where it has left off without having to re-render every frame that is already there. Meaning, I have aborted at frame 216 / 300, and am trying to make Toolbag continue with frame 217, using the same naming convention for the image files as before.

The problem is that Toolbag does not pick up the naming convention used before. When the name of the last rendered frame is "somename_turn_FullQuality_00217.png", it is virtually impossible to pick up rendering again and have Toolbag name the next rendered frame "somename_turn_FullQuality_00218.png", or at least I am unable to do it.

When I start rendering again, Toolbag insists on naming the next frame "somename_turn_FullQuality_001_00217.png", the one after that "somename_turn_FullQuality_002_00217.png" and so on.

How do I make Toolbag continue with the naming convention that is actually usable in a video editing application, without me having to rename each single file manually?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag doesn't automatically recognize existing frames or start from where you left off, but you can set this up manually.

1. Make sure the output file name is the same as it was previously
    2. Use the time region bar at the bottom of the Timeline window to limit the range you want to render. You can drag the right handle to the position you want to start at or enter in the frame number in the box above this element
  • Whovisions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag doesn't automatically recognize existing frames or start from where you left off, but you can set this up manually.

1. Make sure the output file name is the same as it was previously
    2. Use the time region bar at the bottom of the Timeline window to limit the range you want to render. You can drag the right handle to the position you want to start at or enter in the frame number in the box above this element
    Yes, I've done it like this and it works.