Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Divination Moon Shop WIP (Critique encouraged.)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Camille_Meehan polycounter lvl 3
I just started the Environment Art for UE4 class at CGMA. I'm blocking out this beautiful concept by Lok Du.

I love working on this, and any critique on the large shapes will go in tomorrow as I'll be putting in a fair number of hours when I wake up. Thanks for your advise! 

Replies

• Camille_Meehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Camille_Meehan polycounter lvl 3
    I've been making progress on the Divination Moon Shop. Your feedback is appreciated to help me improve.

I blocked in the large and medium shapes of the interior, and brought in rock I sculpted in ZBrush to give the base more interest. I also brought in beginnings of a giant fern and a banyan tree. The most challenging part so far, has been the roof. As mentioned in the last post it is critical to getting the whole piece right, so I made some adjustments per my instructor Peyton Varney's feedback, and took advantage of this great smoothing tutorial on YouTube Maya Hard Surface Modeling Tutorial: Lumpy Surface Fix - YouTube to smooth it out and clean up the edge flow. I also destroyed some, ahem, nonmanifold geometry which I discovered hiding in the rafters.

I want to put in some of the other shapes prior to finalizing the roof, so it is just a plane for now.