Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Contrapposto Female Chest Study

Shuyang
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Shuyang polycounter lvl 3

I did a little anatomy study early morning and I wanted to ask for reviews and critiques. Let me know what you think. Thanks and have a nice day!

Replies

• miss_golden
    Offline / Send Message
    miss_golden polycounter lvl 3
    For me, something that stands out is the line in the neck area - it's a little bit too "hard" and makes it unnatural, but the overall result looks very nice! :smile:
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Did you invent the pose or use some sort of reference to guide you ? Either case her bones or indication of such are missing , I can see clavicle but it require some serious reshaping , it should be S curved
  • Shuyang
    Offline / Send Message
    For me, something that stands out is the line in the neck area - it's a little bit too "hard" and makes it unnatural, but the overall result looks very nice! :smile:
    Thank you for your response. I can see what you are saying now. I'll try to fix it.
  • Shuyang
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you invent the pose or use some sort of reference to guide you ? Either case her bones or indication of such are missing , I can see clavicle but it require some serious reshaping , it should be S curved
    Thank you for your response too! I didn't invent the pose. It's called contrapposto. I totally agree with your clavicle critique but I need more critiques on other indicator bones cause I'm clueless . I'll try to search and fix it too.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    There could be countless contrapposto poses lol ,my question was did you use reference or just made it up

• Shuyang
    Offline / Send Message
    There could be countless contrapposto poses lol ,my question was did you use reference or just made it up

Oh, my bad lol. I used some references ofc. I worked on it for some time and I'm ready for another critique.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty much the same applies + work closely with your reference I suggest to push the pose even more also you will need some happy medium between shoulder and hip width something that will fit this kind of body type better .You could try to sculpt the same thing in natural symmetrical pose go get the form right then move them around

• Shuyang
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your replies. They are helping so much I am grateful. I can see the changes now. I will try to apply them from scratch next time. And will update this thread soon. 
  • Shuyang
    Offline / Send Message

Had lots of crashes and needed to solve it before I sculpt again so it took a few longer than I expected. This is from my second model with a little different pose. I hope there's progress in my work :) Thanks.