Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE5 - WIP] PD office

Hey guys, long, loooooooooooooooong time i dont post anything here, i dont have access to my old account's email, had to create a new one. been a member since 2011 lol, but havent posted since 2015 i guess? anyway, back here, and will try to be more active. first post, but come at me with all your crits, need your help to make this baby shine. this is what i have so far:

crits, opinions, feedbacks, anything is more than welcome. feel free!

Replies

• yodude87new
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    welcome back, i'd say, maybe we need to know the little story behind this & the goal unless its apart of a bigger project of game you wish not to divulge atm.
    i am always curious who was who, but i guess some people dont want to be "re-known", for whatever reasons.  Anywho, looks alright to me but i am not an environment person so what do i know when it comes to this stuff. :)
  • yodude87new
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heya dave, this is a work im making for my folio, no big project, not anything. just looking for c&c really. whatever you guys might have to say, just feel free.
    about me, my old account was the same as this one, yodude87, im from the time when people like chris perna, earthquake, kevin johnstone, lonewolf, helder pinto, anthony vaccaro, and the likes were active members of the forum. the time when we created the vertex magazine, the holy bible of 3d modelling, when the first challenges were done here, like the escape challenge, when the penistank was a thing, when the polycount university was active on skype, and we would always end up talking about bath salts. the times when the quixel suite was starting its life, ndo and ddo were THE thing, and megascans didnt exist yet (when it first showed up here it was the thing lol) 
    times of udk, times of in the face crits such as "it looks like shit", and you would always come back lol

man now im feeling old. and it wasnt even 10 years back.

sorry for the long rant, but i ended up in the nostalgia tunnel. polycount seems to have changed a lot. back to the scene. as i said, its a project for my folio, a private detective office, sort of old and dusty. thats it. ill be posting some updates soon, but need some crits from you guys too ^^
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    So the wall on the right is at an awkward angle, either rotate the camera a bit to make it more visible or dont show it at all.
    The upper part of the walls and ceiling look like they are uniformly lit and i think it doesnt match your current lighting setup (the angle at which sunlight enters the room and hits various surfaces). But that depends on your lighting system.
    I think the scene would benefit from some subtle ssao.
    The desk edge is dented in such a way that it looks like metal but im guessing its made of wood.

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    The composition is super noisy, I'm not sure where I'm meant to be looking at. If you clumped various props together and gave space between em to breath, that would be nice.
  • yodude87new
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback, guys, will be working on them. this is what ive gotten to meanwhile. 
  • MiguelMNavas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! I'm not an expert but in my opinion maybe there is a problem of integration. I mean the ceiling, for example, is too deteriorated meanwhile there are other objects which seem out of scene, like the ceiling lamp with the fan. It could be better if you do something with the texturing of some objects. But I repeat, I'm not an expert. In fact this is my first critique here. :)