Home Technical Talk

ZBrush default "pose" of a mesh?

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
starcow polycount sponsor
Is there a way in ZBrush to temporarily move a group of meshes (or folders) in their position and orientation?
The meshes are part of a character and are positioned and rotated to fit exactly. However, their orientation is not ideal for modeling and editing.
It would be great if the orientation and position could be reset to certain values.
Is that possible somehow?

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    That will depends on what you want exactly but you could try layers to blend between 2 position or goz and your modeling program of choice if you want something really precise
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Forewarning: i haven't tested this it is going off of memory from when i played with the timeline record options.
    idk if the recorder would work here for a quick "fix" to this, it will save a frames position so if you turn it in one frame you can click to record another frame where it is orientated to where you want it to be to work on it and save "both versions".  Just click the recorded frames to switch between the two.
    Another wild guess is:
    If it helps great, otherwise maybe another solution would be to save a recorded layer with the same situation.

Otherwise someone who actually knows how to do this should come along, i guess play with those and see if they do what you want while you are waiting for a confirmed working response.
  • starcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately layer is not option because of DynaMesh.
    Could you describe how this should work with the timeline. Unfortunately I can't find anything about it. Many thanks!
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    starcow said:
    Unfortunately layer is not option because of DynaMesh.
    Could you describe how this should work with the timeline. Unfortunately I can't find anything about it. Many thanks!
    @s@starcow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1y4cMKMpEo
    If that doesn't work i'll make a video.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Timeline animation will work for what you want ,its just a bit weird till you get use to how it works
    Its in movie drop down
  • starcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately, I was unable to use the timeline to rotate a tool.
    However, I have found a second option. You can use the macros to perform a rotation using Deform. To be more precise, you need two macros. One to rotate and one to rotate back.

Is there actually no way to get the global values for translation, rotation and scaling anywhere?
  • Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    starcow said:
    Unfortunately, I was unable to use the timeline to rotate a tool.
    However, I have found a second option. You can use the macros to perform a rotation using Deform. To be more precise, you need two macros. One to rotate and one to rotate back.

Is there actually no way to get the global values for translation, rotation and scaling anywhere?

Under geometry there is position and size.
  • starcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!
    The rotation is missing, however. Is the rotation hidden in another menu?