Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag 4.03 Available Now!

Marmoset is proud to announce the release of Toolbag 4.03, a free update available to all Toolbag 4 users. This hefty update brings you RTX-accelerated real-time denoising, high-quality CPU denoising, pivot point editing, a dynamic light controller, new selection and texturing tools, and new interactive color sampling tools and pickers.

Take a closer look at these features and find out about many more improvements in our official 4.03 announcement.

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    This update is great, even more addressed in it than I thought there would be. Keep up the great work, y'all. :3
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Congrats everyone involved!

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    great update, going to make work in marmoset go faster
  • Sreliata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sreliata polycounter lvl 9
    I've been looking forward to this so incredibly much; installed it immediately. Sadly, I've noticed the UV issue still has not been fixed. i.E: When head and body lay on two different textures, you'll have nasty green lines in raytracing. Do we have an ETA when this will be fixed? I'd deem that to be something quite important, because it makes it almost impossible to work with (on humans /meshes with skin).  :/
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sreliata said:
    I've been looking forward to this so incredibly much; installed it immediately. Sadly, I've noticed the UV issue still has not been fixed. i.E: When head and body lay on two different textures, you'll have nasty green lines in raytracing. Do we have an ETA when this will be fixed? I'd deem that to be something quite important, because it makes it almost impossible to work with (on humans /meshes with skin).  :/
    This is on our todo list but unfortunately requires a major rendering refactor to solve. We don't have an ETA on this at the moment.

Combining your textures to a single image/single material will be the best way to work around this in the meantime.
  • Sreliata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sreliata said:
    This is on our todo list but unfortunately requires a major rendering refactor to solve. We don't have an ETA on this at the moment.

Combining your textures to a single image/single material will be the best way to work around this in the meantime.
    I know the workaround- I've been using it so far. I just wanted to bring it back up because it's really a major issue. I've had around five friends that I've convinced to give Marmoset a try (thank god for 30 days trial) yet all of them pointed out this very issue. When you come from another software, where this poses no problem whatsoever, these sudden seams /the raytracing issue can be a lot to deal with. 

I'll continue using Marmoset regardless (I just love it so much!) but I really can't wait for this to be fixed. It'll save so many steps in the working process. <3
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    hey fellas, after the update it complained a missing DLL needed to exits ( i installed MVbasic thingy 64x ) , still no dice, then i proceeded to place the dll manually in system32 and now i get this error : 

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey fellas, after the update it complained a missing DLL needed to exits ( i installed MVbasic thingy 64x ) , still no dice, then i proceeded to place the dll manually in system32 and now i get this error : 

What operating system are you using? Windows 7 is no longer supported with 4.03 if that's what you're on.

If you're on Win 10 and using an Nvidia card, make sure you have up to date graphics drivers.
  • Sreliata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there any ETA on fixing the issue with Subsurface Scattering (SSS) + Overlapping Textures /UV's yet? The green seam issue, I mean.
    It's been a while ._.