Home Coding, Scripting, Shaders

Requiring assistance with converting/exporting into USDZ file from 3ds Max or glb file

AlexGabriel
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
AlexGabriel polycounter lvl 11
Hello,

I am confronted with the following situation:

I have a model that i need to export for AR in two formats, .glb and .usdz.

The model is built in 3ds Max and has simple animation attached to it(a simple Mixamo rig with a few other bones attached by me in max to complete the animation).

After browsing the whole of the internet in order to find a solution, I was able to export my model as a .glb using a plugin called babylon.js, with the animation and PBR textures attached.

However, I can't find any script or plugin that can do the same thing for the usdz export. I tried converting it from .glb to .usdz with plugins(SimLab for example, it doesn't work unfortunately) and on various sites and platforms but it either crashes or doesn't load the animation.

I'm stuck. I would really really appreciate any assistance on the matter, as I'm all out of ideas.

I attached the .glb file that I exported in case someone needs to take a look at it and I can provide the max scene of course if anybody needs it, at the moment myself I am using max 2022.

Thank you,
Alex