Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Awful newbie artist.

I don't plan on getting a lot of commissions, but pennies are pennies. If you're kind enough to share some tips, that would be wonderful.

Replies

• SogeKick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you're interested in giving me a commission, or more realistically, if you're curious and want to see just how bad my current skills are, check my portfolio linked on my profile.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I found this funny enough to be curious,  but not curious enough to click through to your profile 
    post the link here and people will visit
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Skimmed through your AS folio and frankly there's an obvious lack of artistic fundamentals however if you're curious in setting aside this self deprecating mien just long enough to review some advice I'd previously offered which in turn may or may not provide an incentive too learn the aforementioned art tenets:

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    hey it's just art, it doesn't really need to be "good", just unique and interesting. 

you could beat yourself up trying to find the holy grail or you could spill the contents of your heart into your work and to hell with the naysayers. There is a lot of "bad" art that sells big time, and plenty of "good" art that only made somebodies mother proud. 

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Indeed, "good" or "bad" in my opinion are merely subjective qualities relative to the viewer's mind / eye but baseline knowledge underpinned via foundational principles I'd linked above will enable "breaking" aesthetic boundaries in pursuit of your own style, effectively.