Location: Remote - UK/GMT timezone
Reports To: Head of Visualisation
Key Purpose of the Job:
Visualisation Animators work with the Visualisation Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to design and create shots for complex action sequences. We are looking for talented animators, capable of working in a fast-moving environment and with a proven track record in the film production industry. Skills in layout, timing and great cinematography are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Using a variety of techniques to compose and animate sequences, delivering high quality storytelling animations, and well composed shots to a client brief
- Motions studies of keys assets, animation cycles, body mechanics, performance with a realistic style, keyframe posing
- Creating shots and sequences from storyboards and/or script pages to enhance story
- Animating of cameras, creatures, props, and vehicles through both keyframe animation and utilizing motion capture data
- Creating techvis for onset reference and postvis following a shoot
- Scene layout with asset environments, position and timing of assets and camera layout
- Basic FX animation
Required skills & experience:
- 3+ years production experience in a VFX, visualisation, or games environment
- Able to work at one of the major UK film studios (work may be home based, or at the UK studios – all based within the M25)
- Comprehensive knowledge of animation in Maya including use of animation layers
- Knowledge of geometry caching
- Understanding of cinematic language and its application to: composition, framing, timing, lighting and colour
- Understanding of physical limits in real-world cinematography
- Basic knowledge of physical shoot setups, and familiarity with on-set equipment
- Team orientated and able to take direction from Supervisor
- Adaptable and flexible and accepting of changes
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining high quality results
- Experience with the following are desirable:
- Unreal Engine
- Basic particle animation
- Generalist 3d skills i.e. simple modelling / texturing
- Virtual camera systems
- Motion Capture Suits
Please send your CV to [email protected] specifying “Visualisation Animator UK” within the subject line.
Online showreels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what your role entailed per shot/sequence.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.