Home Marmoset

Render Object / Ray Tracing API calls?

Is there a way to manipulate the ray tracing attributes of the Render object from the Python API in Toolbag 4? I've been scripting some pipeline tools but most render settings don't seem to be documented and poking at the object itself hasn't yielded anything that looks like it could alter those settings. 

Is this simply not implemented, or is it just undocumented? 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This will be coming in 4.03. Make sure to join the tester group here if you would like early access: https://www.facebook.com/groups/155052679279363 - we plan to put out a build for testing soon.
  • jedmitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @EarthQuake! I'm not a Facebook user so I can't get access to that group, but I appreciate the heads up and I'll keep an eye out for 4.03. 

While I have your attention, I have a couple other questions about the API:

1.) The render settings, which you already answered part of -- does that mean *all* the render settings will be exposed in the API? That would be... fantastic.

2.) The "SceneObject.setKeyframe(lerp)" method doesn't seem to respect the lerp argument. Passing it a value of 'linear' or 'splineBreak' has no effect: keys are always created with 'spline' interpolation. Is this a bug or possibly an outdated bit of documentation? 

3.) Are there any plans to implement UDIM support? I know this question comes up a lot but I'm in VFX so I have to ask :) We have a workaround by breaking up materials into individual tiles but it's hacky and I'm concerned about uv border issues coming up down the line somewhere. 

4.) Is there any plan to document the color management pipeline? That would include texture inputs, HDRI, color pickers and rendering. There is the tone mapping option on the camera but either an OCIO color management system or at least some documentation of input / output transforms would be extremely helpful. Our guess from testing inputs is that it's all sRGB/lin but there are still some results that don't quite match the outputs we expect. 

Apologies for the deluge of requests, but our team is very excited about incorporating Marmoset -- keep up the good work!