Home Adobe Substance

Painter baking by mesh name // Solved -> No use of parenting hierarchy (?)

Hello cant find if its me who try to do something wrong or if its a bug (according some other questions about) ?
Saying i have a low poly named mesh_low & some high polys named mesh_high_01, mesh_high_02, mesh_high_03....
is it ok ?
or the feature is only for mesh_low_01 for mesh_high_01, then mesh_low_02 for mesh_high_02 and so on ?
thank u and have a nice day !

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Move the number suffixes to the middle, so that _low, and _high is ALWAYS at the end.

mesh_01_low
    mesh_02_high
  • nikononoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Kanni ! Thanks for your answer it maybe help me to solve the problem :) .. I renamed the high polys with high as real end suffix, and i t cause me an error when baking (mesh scene cannot be loaded or something like that).
    So i renamed my meshes like before according the rules of painter ( https://docs.substance3d.com/bake/matching-by-name-182256530.html ) .
    In fact the problem was i linked my meshes in Max so even when freezing transform, the position data was not ok & the high polys were at some distance of where they were suppposed to be...
    I unlinked the hierarchy, refreezed transforms & it's ok now ... thanks anyway :)

• nikononoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Kanni ! Thanks for your answer it maybe help me to solve the problem :) .. I renamed the high polys with high as real end suffix, and i t cause me an error when baking (mesh scene cannot be loaded or something like that).
    So i renamed my meshes like before according the rules of painter ( https://docs.substance3d.com/bake/matching-by-name-182256530.html ) .
    In fact the problem was i linked my meshes in Max so even when freezing transform, the position data was not ok & the high polys were at some distance of where they were suppposed to be...
    I unlinked the hierarchy, refreezed transforms