Home Marmoset

Size of Marmoset Renders

I have this curiosity to know why even forcing multiple samples my renders have a very compact size in megabytes.
This shouldn't be a concern if I didn't think that every bonus has a burden.
Am I doing something wrong and experiencing qualityloss?

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    orcelli said:
    I have this curiosity to know why even forcing multiple samples my renders have a very compact size in megabytes.

The burden is that the renders take longer to create. If the scene is simple you might not notice that. 

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    What format are you writing to, you dont say. Targa and Tiff are uncompressed and should have the most information.
  • orcelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to know thanks!
    I'm still newbie with marmoset and it's my first time rendering for portfolio. JPEG, as I forgot to mention.
  • orcelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J said:
    orcelli said:

The burden is that the renders take longer to create. If the scene is simple you might not notice that. 

I took a lot of time to learn how to handle the viewport, get smart with the camera lock, and do a reasonable animation of my prop.
    Thats for sure is a burden!

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    orcelli .........
    I'm still newbie with marmoset and it's my first time rendering for portfolio. JPEG, as I forgot to mention.
    Ah ok, JPEG is a compressed color format. The more color information the more compression. Targa or tiff will give you full color.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, both JPG and PNG are compressed file formats, so those will create files with smaller sizes than TGA, PSD, etc. JPG uses lossy compression, which means there will be a reduction in image quality. PNG uses lossless compression, so it's generally a better choice, though it takes a little longer to write those files to disk (which can add up if you're doing a video sequence render).

Samples will determine the image quality of the render, but not necessarily the size of the file. Lower quality images (fewer samples, more noise) can sometimes create larger files with compressed formats, as the additional noise means there is more unique information in the file which is harder to compress.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Wot EarthQuake sed.