Home Career & Education

Art recruiting email - Scam?

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Mr_Nova polycounter lvl 3
I'm a junior 3D artist that recently graduated from college and currently just now seeking job opportunities. I recently got this email that was oddly sent directly to me from a supposed HR for this company called "Art Bully Productions LLC." I looked them up and they look legit, I assume it's some kind of outsourcing company that helps with all sorts of different projects from 3D to concept art and so on. Overall it seems really neat so far but as I kept reading it sounded a little too good to be true...

I'm not even in the industry (yet, I hope to be at some point) but even I don't see how I'm getting this offer because I'm too fresh out of the gate, still a lot to learn. Here's the email, I hope to get some feedback on whether this is legit or not? because if it is fake that's kind of messed up targeting newer artists emerging into this field. I'm also curious if anyone else has gotten something like this... I'm just not sure whether this email is an actual offer or scam.

( Art Bully Productions LLC )

$55 - $65 an hour

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time.

Work location: One location (remote)

We are in search of a talented and motivated Artist to join our team remotely. In this role, you will help us create new assets for our existing games and will get the opportunity to develop fresh game concepts. Ideal candidates love playing and designing games. We are looking for an artist with a unique style that our players will find innovative.

Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and develop art for a variety of game projects.
- Develop digital illustrations for game characters
- Take any characters and environment sketch to photorealistic illustration.
- Seeking client approval for ideas with rough visuals - this stage may involve going back to the drawing board several times to rework sketches
- Use drawing, sketching, painting and photographic skills to produce illustrations.
- Receive art direction and provide multiple design solutions.

Qualifications:
- Proficient with pencil and paper, as well as digital pads with Photoshop and similar 2D software.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Strong sense of color, layout and design.
- Organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Proficient in designing icons and game badges.
- Knowledge of storyboarding and creating animatics is a plus.

Benefits:
- Work with an experienced, passionate and driven team that will help you show your creativity and skills to millions of players.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Dental insurance
- Vacation.

About The Company:

Art Bully Productions is comprised of experienced 3D art professionals dedicated to developing and producing outstanding AAA quality art to game developers of all sizes. The principal artists specialize in characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and complex prop structures. We also have experienced animators on our team who specialize in rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, and mocap cleanup.

About the Job:

We are looking for a talented 2D & 3D artist who will work closely with our concept, environment and design teams to create levels that are visually stunning. You can also apply if you don't have any experience as we provide some online training if desired.

To join our incredibly talented and passionate team follow the necessary steps below to interview for this position.

**NOTE: I'm not going to put the name of the person who sent it just in case because I checked and they are a real person working there. But I assume this is someone posing as that person ( I don't know though). I have emailed the company but no response yet about this in particular.

** Not to mention, it says environment design and concept art? both of which I don't do exactly... this to me makes no sense at all.

Replies