Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] [UE4] Glasshouse in a forest environment

EmilLefter
triangle
Offline / Send Message
EmilLefter triangle
Update: Finished version here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rA6802

Hello everyone!

This is an environment scene I'm trying to finish up and I'm looking for some feedback on what I could improve. My goal with this project was to practice lighting and texturing, also getting used to working with natural elements in a scene.

My first direction with the scene was to place it in a foggy forest and the general feel to be a lot more gloomy, but I couldn't get the lighting to work because of some problems with the fog in Unreal and dynamic lighting with rtx, so I just changed the direction a bit to a more sunny setting.

Some things I'm currently working are:

Improving the stained glass texture and the shader, adding some dirt and grunge to it to make it fit more since it is too clean compared to the other windows.

Adding some more dirt and fallen vegetation on top of the ceiling glass, it seems a bit clean compared to the rest of the scene.

Adding a bit more variation to the vegetation and maybe another pass on the background forest.

Changing the props around especially in the second shot to get some better composition.

A color correction pass to get the colors right, but I want to do that at the end after all the placements are decided.

I'm also thinking about making a 3rd shot in the portrait format, with the entrance to the glass house.

I think to really make this 3rd shot work I need to change the vegetation placement around a bit and a nicer design on the sides on the stained glass, also another arrangement of the vegetation outside to be a more open and lighter space, maybe nice forest opening visible through the clear glass. 

Would love some feedback and to hear your guys thoughts on what could be improved, Thank you!

Replies