Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Knight Girl - Real time Character -

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
hectorsdors greentooth

Last personal work based on this great concept by Dongho Kang

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nYRQrO

I wanted to improve my real time hair-cards process and really wanted to try the killer workflow using XYZ texture and ZWRAP so this character was the perfect candidate to made all at the same time.

Rendered enterily in Marmoset 4 testing the raytracing options and wow! I think I should render again all my old works!
I would like to compare how she looks like in Unreal 4, maybe in the future...
Hope you like it!

Replies

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    Here is the concept art of the character 

For this character I wanted to try to create as much I could in marvelous, I made even the leather gloves 
  • hectorsdors
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    I really enjoy all the texture progress this time. I've loved so much add detail to the clothes in Substance painter

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    Hi there! I re upload to artstation all the shots....

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nYRQrO

I just realized that some of the meshes were clipping each other and I was not happy at all with the face.. something was wrong and I didn't notice that the eyes were too close one of another so I decided to fix all this minor errors. hope you like the new pics ^^ 
  • VinceOrcis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VinceOrcis polycounter lvl 7
    Great work, I can see the amount of hours you put in. Did you use any special workflow for the hair cards?
    The shoulder musccles are a bit too defined and the armpits are a little too deep. Sculpting in T-pose can be  a bit deceptive, and that makes the arms look a little odd after the posing, this is why I use the A-pose instead. I can see you were going for heroic proportions, but the collar bones are a bit too bulky, especially compared to the face.
    Love the Marvelous Designer sewing pattern. Those things tend to be tricky.
    The flaps of the corset thingy could have sharper corners and be more flat. Such things are key since they form the silhouette.
    Skin textures are great. But don't you think the leathers could use a little more wear and dirt? Just a little, to add some contrasty roughness variation, it always adds some extra UMPH.
    In all, a pretty decent work and your Marvelous Designer skills are awesome :)