Home Technical Talk

Problem with seams in uvmapping ( 3dsmax)

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , I am trying to make a perfect junction seam between two parts of uvmap islands, on splitted mesh parts but no matter how much I increase the resolution in viewport and in uvmap editor , I always see a minimum of black seam line on the border, why that? And how can I do to completely remove it?

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    There basically is no padding, as the UV's are on the extreme edge of that colored pixel. Padding will help relieve and give a buffer so you don't get any bleed from any neighboring colored pixels (black in this case). Either add padding, or simply try just moving your vertices on your UV shell up a tiny bit as a "buffer".
  • Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    ^ Textures are resampled/mipped to fit screen space etc

But in this case, from the limited information given, I might assume the texture is tiling along that bottom seam, which is sitting at the bottom of the 0-1UV space,  and it's counter part seam it's suppsed to tile with is at the top of the 0-1 UV space?

If so then you might have wrong wrap settings for the texture. Look for something like clamp, wrap, or repeat etc

Mind you, this is also being viewed in the max viewport, so you might have low res texture viewport settings and already be viewing a resampled texture.