Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please DESTROY my portfolio (with crit!)

Hi everyone! First time posting here. Lately I’ve come to the realization that my portfolio ( https://www.artstation.com/eekium ) is almost definitely lacking. I’ve been doing 3D art for about 5 years now, but I’m still fairly new to curating and presenting my work to potential employers (most of these pieces come from my Instagram, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it shows).

Well, I thrive off constructive criticism, So I’m looking for some brutally honest feedback/critique on my portfolio and the pieces in it. Does anything in here work? What doesn’t?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    So where is this portfolio of yours?
    Or are we supposed to do all the work...
  • fdfxd2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    Reminds me a lot of beeple's old abstract work in a way.
    Eekium said:
     (most of these pieces come from my Instagram, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it shows).

Yeah you're right about that xD, a lot of the work seems to be focused on looking shiny on a thumbnail rather than showing  technical skills. Great for one shot insta stuff, but not as great for getting a job as a character/environment artist in the industry.

Nothing in the portfolio is bad, it just doesn't show your strengths in any particular discipline. But they do make for pretty pictures,  it'd be interesting to see if like, you doubled down in environment art (what i think is your strongest skill atm) then 6 months later remade some of these scenes, I wonder how cool they'd look like then.