Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old oil lamp

DOOmsdAi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
DOOmsdAi polycounter lvl 2
Hi! I made a game model of an old oil lamp, can you give me feedback?
Software: Blender, RizomUV, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Marmoset Toolbag 4.
Textures res: 4K
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Kr0v49

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I just checked out your artstation, is there a reason everything you texture is black? Even the background in these renders are black. The texture is pretty uniform throughout, might be good to change that up a bit.

Topology-wise, it might be an ok polycount if this is going to be held right in front of the camera. If it's on a table, or a background prop, you've gone pretty high. The oil cap on the base could be deeper, imo. Did you sub-d a high poly for this model?

Keep it up :)
  • DOOmsdAi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DOOmsdAi polycounter lvl 2
    I just checked out your artstation, is there a reason everything you texture is black? Even the background in these renders are black. The texture is pretty uniform throughout, might be good to change that up a bit.

Topology-wise, it might be an ok polycount if this is going to be held right in front of the camera. If it's on a table, or a background prop, you've gone pretty high. The oil cap on the base could be deeper, imo. Did you sub-d a high poly for this model?

Keep it up :)
    Hi thanks for the comment! the model was made for a friend who creates an analog of amnesia and call of cthulhu 2018 for his portfolio, if it were a regular prop, the geometry and textures would be 2 times smaller. And now, in general, I want to get a feedback on the design and finish the handle, rig and light source.