Home Technical Talk

3DS Max V-ray 5 frame buffer question

How do I save the rendered image into the frame buffer history for future reference in V-Ray 5?

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I copied your sentence "frame buffer history for future reference in V-Ray 5?" put it in Google, and viola, answers!
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/m/mobile.action#page/64607724
  • polycounter_111
    Any V-Ray 5 / Max 2022 users here?

In V-Ray 3 I would click the floppy disk by history and it adds the current rendering to the history. I don't see a button for this in V-Ray 5 and the documentation doesn't say what to click. I have VFB history enabled but nothing shows up in history when I render.

Edit: Here is a pic of the behavior.  The button is greyed out. 

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you turn on Auto Save in the settings? First ten seconds of the 2nd video shows how.
  • polycounter_111
    I found the issue - You have to either check off "Use Project Path" or enter a directory for saving the rendering to history. Otherwise the button to save to history remains greyed out.

Problem solved. Thanks anyway!  :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome. Have a good one.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OP registered a complaint "Sarcastic and disrespectful". Please accept my apologies, I agree I was being sarcastic with my "viola", and that's not a great first experience for new members. I clearly need to do better.

I think I should have explained the reasons behind that kind sentiment (without expressing it) ... why it helps to read the manual and to search.

Please see this from the info sticky in General Discussion:

Asking for Help

We are here to help, but like to see people who try to help themselves.

1. Try to find an answer by Searching the forums. Technical Talk is a great place to start.
    2. Try to find an answer by searching the Polycount Wiki.
    3. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
    4. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
    5. Try to find an answer by experimentation!
    6. Include your findings in your post, so we know what you've tried already.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Particularly relevant I think is number 6. Let us know what resources you have tried already, so we don't annoy you with something you have already tried. I suspect you found the solution via number 5, but you could have found it on another forum or social site.

If you are so inclined, I would highly recommend reading a bit of that last link, it's a gold mine about how communities like this one operate, and how to get the most out of your time.

I hope this helps you, and that you consider sticking around and becoming a part of our community.

Once again, please accept my apology for being short with you. I'll aim to do better for the next person. <3