Home Technical Talk

MetaHumans - Combined blend shape

Hi,

In our company we are trying to use MetaHumans to improve our current DigitalHuman we are using, and we are trying to get some custom blend shapes to use with speech (Phoneme expressions). The issue I am facing right now is that I cannot figure out how to create said combined blend shape (Maya), since every slider is firmly locked to the facial/body rig (to my understanding).

Essentially, left side is neutral MetaHuman, on the right is the expression I created that would represent the phoneme expression for "U" like "you" "yours" etc. 

That expression itself is achieved my using the facial slider which uses aproximately 16 blend shapes. We need to combine these blend shapes into a single blend shape  that we could reference in the audio so that facial expression would be used whenever we call for the U phoneme. 

If anybody could point me in the right direction or tell me what I am doing wrong, I would shower you wish praise, getting slightly anxious now :)

Have a great day and thank you for reading!

Best regards
Daniel
WeBoard

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Dunno but, if you google :Metahuman lipsync there is about a page of results and at least 3 vids. Might be somthin in there.
  • RocKenny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am not looking for lipsync but to create a blend shape. But thanks anyway. I know about the live-link feature , sadly we dont need that at all.

Edit : Didnt mean to sound so snarky, thanks a lot for trying, sorry, was a bit down from stress :X
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    It doesn't allow to export  a snapshot or something?  Just curious .   Maybe with kind of a ripper like Ninja ripper?
    Also wonder are the hairs done as cards?
  • RocKenny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Gnoop, sadly no, it feels like there is some major issues with the import from Maya aswell.

The hairs are grooms, only higher LOD levels switch to hair cards / hair mesh.

I managed to create the blend shape, but sadly Maya just breaks the joints and bones and renames them for some reason and its almost impossible to set up an efficient workflow.

For curious people, import the metahuman from Quixel, set the expression you need as a blend shape, copy only the geometry to the side, select the copied geometry than select the geometry of the imported metahuman and create blend shape. rinse and repeat for other expressions.