Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylized bow sculpture help

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
JulioCruzalta polycounter lvl 2
Hello,
I hope you are doing well. I'm modeler and until this time in all my props I made a base mesh in maya and after this I sculpt the details in Zbrush. 

This time I tried to do a bow completely in zbrush but my client wants a more defined sculture, I tried to smooth the bow in diferent subdivision levels and to use hpolish in the edges but the work looks blurry. I tried a lot but the resul doesn't look better. 

I want to know if someone can give an advice for can finish this work with quality. I used an alpha for the fish scales and my client told me that he wants that quality in all the sculpture.

Thank you for your time. :)     

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    You might need to drop resolution and work on getting the shapes in a lower rez before going higher. Some tools you might want to check out;

Pinch brush
    Deformation > Polish, or Polish Edges

Make sure to use Lazy Mouse a lot so you can get really nice curves that don't wobble a lot.

Might also want to look into making different parts of the mesh into different subtools, and then Geometry > Edge Loops > Group Loops. That will add a strip of polygons along your crisp edges, and let you keep a nice edge.

Also check out ZBRush's Crease function, though I've not used that yet.
  • JulioCruzalta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much Ashervisalis, I will follow these steps and I will put the result when I finish :)
  • JulioCruzalta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, thank you very much for the help. This is the final result of my bow... :)