Home Adobe Substance

Problem in baking help ( Substance Painter )

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , I am using Substance painter and I am having a problem in baking this simple stupid model , Its not perfect neither it pretends to be, but I could bake it fine earlier in the morning, then I changed something in the uv , updated and now whenever the rendering gets to baking AO it gets stuck forever and I have to cntrl alt canc and quit the application ... Oh I am using Substance painter to bake it, and it works fine with other items even more complex and with more polygons, so why this now is not working? Can someone help me checking the files and tell me what could it be wrong that makes the AO stuck?

I repeat that it rendered quicklyand fine earlier in the morning ... :(:( ... I am loosing my brain on this for the whole day now :(.

Thankyou for any help!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moving this from General Discussion to the Adobe Substance section. That's the best place to post Painter questions. It also helps to put [Substance Painter] in your topic title.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks, I hope that someone sees there.
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    One quick look at your uv's is all it takes. 

You've got some stuff outside of 0-1 which is fine if its stacked uvs, but I'm assuming you're doing one material for the entire asset, that element at the top of the uvs should be packed in, and then offset. Something like so:

Next, check your naming conventions if you're using match by name function in painter, else it won't bake properly at all.

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I actually planned to make 3 textures because I wanted to add other stuff in next future, but I wanted a maximum resolution on the chest outer parts, did you try bake in substance? I get stuck at AO all times, if I split the thing into the 3 components and bake separately it works, so now its mostly important to me to understand the issue if is a problem of some sort and how to avoid in future.
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    It likely is a uv thing, and needs to be fixed in any scenario anyway. When you have broken/unworkable UVs, Substance will have a really hard (or long) time computing how to bake AO to a broken UV set.

Fix your uv's and rebake it yourself and check, can't hurt to see if that's the solution.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Kanni3d said:
    It likely is a uv thing, and needs to be fixed in any scenario anyway. When you have broken/unworkable UVs, Substance will have a really hard (or long) time computing how to bake AO to a broken UV set.

Fix your uv's and rebake it yourself and check, can't hurt to see if that's the solution.

I dont see anything wrong in uv, and without changine them simply rendering piece by piece alone works fine, its together that they don't work.