Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Airborn Crash Bandicoot 4 Artdrop. [IMAGEHEAVY]

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Neox veteran polycounter
Hey guys,

i guess it is about time I did something like this on polycount again. It has been a while. Many of our projects are ongoing so we can't really do something like a retrospective. But we finally managed to post the majority of work we have done on the latest Game in the Crash Bandicoot series.

It has been such a great experience to see this project grow over time. From initial ideation before the game was in development, to gameplay concepts, then production with creating concepts for big parts of the world. Executing many of them as complete levels, or creating the assets for others to make levels from. To 3d character creation which tackled stuff like pushing Crash himself over the finishing line, recreating other main characters and a ton of enemy and environmental characters.

It has been a blast, even tho I personally only had a very minor role in this project. Thanks to toys for bob and all the other people involved, so many cool collaborations here.

A big shout out to all the people who helped bringing it to life

3d Environment:
3d Character:
and me

Also
Boris Patschull (Managing Director)

and a big shoutout to
Julian Dasgupta (Project Manager)
of course for his work on the project, but also all the struggle he had to go through for the portfolio pieces!

So lets start with some vis dev and outro artwork, shall we?

Outro:

The first five images in this gallery are visual development artworks that were created in a very early stage of production to establish the general look & feel/mood of some locations and set-pieces. If you've played the game, you'll instantly recognize some of them. The airplane chase, of course, got adapted as it became the climax of The Crate Escape.

The other five images are artworks that were created during the final stages of production - you'll get to see them in the epilogue once you achieved a 100% completion rate in Crash 4. Which y'all surely did, riiiiiiiight? :)
Important note here: design, composition and line art on those were done by Nicola Saviori, and we took them from there.

Replies