Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter Baking Issue

Hello all, I hope everybody is all right. So I've been having problems with my model when I bake it. I tried to change the front and rear distance when baking, remake the model, and different versions of SP and so far I got the same result. That black line doesn't seem to be going away and I don't know what causes it. The UV's are not overlapping so that should be fine. I want to thank you all for taking your time to read this and any help is appreciated!

Replies

  • Ghogiel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel polycounter lvl 14
    can't see in the outliner if you have set up the naming correctly, but the issue looks like an intersection error, possibly from the finger latch bit that is sitting in that slot in the charging handle. (side note:i think the top side of the charging handle could have more of a noticable bevel around the edge too, only the bottom of real ones are machined fairly sharp but the tops are noticably beveled)
  • SlemY
    Ghogiel said:
    can't see in the outliner if you have set up the naming correctly, but the issue looks like an intersection error, possibly from the finger latch bit that is sitting in that slot in the charging handle. (side note:i think the top side of the charging handle could have more of a noticable bevel around the edge too, only the bottom of real ones are machined fairly sharp but the tops are noticably beveled)
    The finger latch isn't touching the charging handle, i made it so it sits in the air right in between the gap. How do you think I should go about fixing it? Thank you for your time!
  • Ghogiel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel polycounter lvl 14
    Well for all intents and purposes the cages search distance basically expands the meshes along an averaged vertex normal. ie the objects are bigger, so they may act as if intersecting during the bake.

    I am guessing you haven't named the finger latch something different to the charging handle so that finger latch is getting caught by the raycast from the charging handle.

      Name the charging handle something like ChargingHandle_low/ChargingHandle_high. The finger latch thing like ChargingHandleLatch_low/ChargingHandleLatch_high

    Look in the substance docs about name matching if you are unsure about anything.
  • SlemY
    Ghogiel said:
    Well for all intents and purposes the cages search distance basically expands the meshes along an averaged vertex normal. ie the objects are bigger, so they may act as if intersecting during the bake.

    I am guessing you haven't named the finger latch something different to the charging handle so that finger latch is getting caught by the raycast from the charging handle.

      Name the charging handle something like ChargingHandle_low/ChargingHandle_high. The finger latch thing like ChargingHandleLatch_low/ChargingHandleLatch_high

    Look in the substance docs about name matching if you are unsure about anything.
    Apparently, even without the latch there is a problem. It seems that the charging handle is broken somehow 
  • Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d interpolator
    Too large of a cage, which is self intersecting. Still should use match by name, but also lower your ray distance slightly.
  • SlemY
    Kanni3d said:
    Too large of a cage, which is self intersecting. Still should use match by name, but also lower your ray distance slightly.
    i already tried both.. idk how to change the cage. i always use the match by nam option. lowering the ray distance doesnt do anything
Sign In or Register to comment.