Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylized diorama

triangle
Offline / Send Message
VesaN triangle
My first stylized diorama to practice stylized texturing and foliage. First texture pass done to see how things look in the engine. Critique and ideas for improvement are welcome!

Initial concept sketch:

Replies

• InvaderRoxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InvaderRoxas polycounter lvl 4
    Super cute concept! Moving forward, I'd be interested in seeing more of that light blue/teal you have on the sun-dial looking stone piece worked into the color palette. At the moment with all of the colors you have, it looks a bit too busy. I would also watch your roughness on things like the plants/tree bark, as it currently looks too shiny. I really like the quality of your stone! It blends together really well, and is both simple yet stylized in a really pleasing way. Keep up the good work! 
  • VesaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VesaN triangle
    Thank you very much for your input @InvaderRoxas ! The implementation of that tale color is a great idea! I initially thought to keep it only in the sun-dial, as an effect color, like the orange fruit in the back, but now that you said about it makes me think twice. If I can get more input, what especially makes the scene look too busy color-wise? Appreciate your feedback! ^^

• InvaderRoxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InvaderRoxas polycounter lvl 4
    No problem! Honestly it can be hard to tell even though it's clear to me that it's a bit busy, but I think it's all about playing with the color palette more than anything. If I had to guess, I think the pink might be throwing me off, and I think the green would work better with a cooler tone? Pushing for the teal/orange/yellow a bit more I think would look pretty sweet, but like I said it's all about playing with it. 
  • VesaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VesaN triangle
    @InvaderRoxas Appreciate your feedback! I’m definitely going to make the green tones cooler, and although I’m a fan of pink, and it hurts to get rid of it, I might to do just that. Thanks so much again!