Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Need 2x 3D artists / 2D mobile game (buildings, maps, units)

I've just launched a brand new game studio. We are Invuse, where innovation meets purpose.

We believe that too many games these days are focused on generating income, at significant expense to the player's ability to actually enjoy what they're playing. We believe that many indie teams have a great ideas, but are unable to execute them. We believe that large game studios are lazy and greedy.

We are different

We want to make games that people love, that don't take over lives or treat them like a cash cow. But we also want to change the way people think about games. We want games to inspire people, not just be seen as a bit of fun, or a waste of time by some. We want people to learn from games, without them being boring. We do want to make a good amount of money, but by being creative and avoiding, at all costs, the "Pay to Win" laziness we see from so many game devs these days.

Our first project is titled Communa

We want to enable building strong, positive and healthy online friendships, so that players can find friends who share their life values - all within a fun, exciting and enjoyable game world. We are also exploring some unique value adds, such as the ability for players to earn money by playing the game, and also connect with paid job and learning/training opportunities.

In a nutshell, I want to gamify online community building which facilitates friendship building and family bonding by creating a monetised community/strategy game that centres around building a virtual community that competes against other communities and that revolves heavily around mini-games, puzzles and strategy games of all types. 

We are not just a hopeful new games development studio

I am an entrepreneur. I played games excessively as a child, and have loved many of my gaming experiences, but recognised that there was a depth to games and gaming that had not yet been realised. I have always wanted to create my own game, it's something I'm very passionate about.

Although this is a passion project for me, it's also a side project. I run a digital agency and I'm the co-founder of a company that's spent 2 years creating a stream of amazing new clients. We are looking at a situation where we will be managing the strategy and funds for over 40 new companies and over £8m of budget over the next couple of years. It's been a long journey but it has been very worthwhile.

What this means for you

It means that by the end of this year, we will have the funds to hire a significant number of people for whatever teams I need to setup - including a game design and development team.

So, even if Communa isn't successful, (I'm sure it will be - but then isn't everyone in my position?) we will be able to hire people and try again with a brand new game concept.

Our situation / what we need

We have 5 developers (not including me) and I am the project lead. I will be focusing on UI/UX and general game design.

We need two 3D artists to create visual assets such as maps, buildings, units, very basic animations etc. We are hoping to acquire a pre-created asset library that you will be able to improve and evolve over time as we need. We are not looking to create everything from scratch. Whilst models will be created in 3D, they will need to be exported as a 2D format - this will need some more discussion and we are open to suggestions.

It doesn't have to be this, but we aren't looking to re-invent the wheel in v1. In V2 and for future games, the scope will open up a lot more and we'll focus heavily on premium, luxurious and immersive player experiences - especially as we move away from mobile-only games.

Long term career opportunities

Should the game be successful, we can obviously discuss a full-time position with pay, but, as of right now, this is an unpaid opportunity.

Replies