Home Technical Talk

How to create animated game play footage

Hello!
Thank you all for your time on anyone who reads my query.

I am an artist, and have been tasked with creating some animated game play footage of a simple dodging mobile game, and am rather stuck on how I should go about doing it. I have experience in 3Ds max, photoshop and Unreal.

I am not a programmer, and have no programming experience so would rather avoid this if possible, and am aware I need to learn a lot more about animations for this project. I'm not sure whether I'll need to learn a new program to create this animated game play footage, or if it can be all done in 3Ds Max?

Should I just individually move/animate the player and dodging enemies and do the whole game play as key frames sort of thing, or is there an easier way?

If anyone has any good video tutorials on how I can go about creating game play footage with no video editing/programming skills, or an idea on how I can get the ball rolling, it would be greatly appreciated! Sorry I have been quite vague about the project.

Thanks! 

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You've been tasked with making a gameplay cinematic. Does the game already exist, or are you visualizing it from scratch? If you can import existing assets and animation that can save a ton of time.

Otherwise you're looking at a significant amount of work. Creating everything in 3d and yes animating it.