Home Marmoset

Ten 24 sclera transparency issue on marmoset 4

Underdogs
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Underdogs polycounter lvl 3
Hello i am trying to fix a problem i have with transparency in both the tear duct and the sclera of a ten24 model, for some reasons they  turn out semi black and very noisy, i have tried several tricks. but i just can't make it work, i have attached an example.

https://imgur.com/ItO1c7K

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try turning off shadow casting for for these meshes. Increasing the refraction bounce count can help too.
  • Underdogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Underdogs polycounter lvl 3
    well thing is that i have increase the refraction bounce pretty high i believe like 30 bounces and on marmoset 3 the cast shadow was still on, so i don't what exactly is creating the issue.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Refractive surfaces can result in some light loss/inefficiency in ray tracing mode, which can darken the surfaces behind. Turning off shadow casting for these areas will generally solve it. Toolbag 3 doesn't use ray tracing, so the renderer in general is rather different and doesn't have this particular problem.

Another thing you can try is increasing the radiance clamp value. This can introduce more noise/fireflies so you may need to increase your samples as well to account for that.