Home Unreal Engine

[BUG] Grass disappears after building the level

ICO
Hey people,

does anyone perhaps know why is it that when I build my level, all the grass I placed using the layer grass node inside the landscape material disappears?

I have a Layer Blend called "grass", I have the LandscapeGrassOutput that is sampling from a Landscape Grass Type (where I've placed the grass static mesh), all working as supposed to, grass is all over the terrain, lovely stuff, but as soon as I build the level - grass disappears?

:o

Replies

• jRocket
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    Do you have Realtime off? Does it appear when you hit play?
  • ICO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ICO
    Realtime is on and no, it doesn't appear when I hit play. It's gone and I cannot bring it back. Of course I can use the foliage tool to populate with grass, but this method is so much faster and gives me exactly the result I want. It also appears to be way more optimized than foliage tool. If only it worked as supposed to...
  • ICO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ICO
    I've asked around and people say it's a bug that may or may not fix itself by restarting the project or reloading the level. I tried it, sometimes grass appears, sometimes it doesn't. A bug with a major node that people use, that Epic apparently don't deem necessary to fix.
  • yaschan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yaschan polycounter lvl 7
    I have same issue, the grass randomly disappears in editor, need to tweak the amount value to get it reappear. Always shows in in game though. Weird