Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scrapyard Captain Cinematic Character (WIP)

Hello everyone, I'm working on this character for a University project that I want to use as a standout portfolio piece. I will create concept art for this character and in the hopes to polish it to a cinematic ready standard. using a basemesh from a previous character I created this base sculpt.

I started the sculpt before the concept so I could cover some ground whilst I am working on the concept. I still need to figure out the proportions for the sculpt.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• A97K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I made some small changes to the form and started working on the face. From here forward I am going to re-examine all the proportions and once that is done ill subdivide the mesh and start detailing, beyond that ill have to retopologize for a clean mesh where I can add in high res details like wrinkles and pores.

• Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Curious to see how this goes. Right now my brain cant decide if its male or female, despite it having female anatomy. I can't tell you right off why though.
  • A97K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made some minor changes to the model and added some detail to the feet, hopefully it looks less masculine now.

I also created a proper character design that I can work from. the design is still not final and will probably be changed down the line but it works for now. I want to make the design more striking which I might do by giving her a cool helmet or something, I'm open to ideas.

• A97K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have taken the model into Marvellous designer to build a foundation for the clothing. I am struggling with this quite a lot, particularly with making the cloth sit well with the metal rings and overlapping pieces. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.