Tactic Studios is a game developer specializing in creating premium video games for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. We are looking for a talented character artist to join our team and create high quality 3D characters for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
We are looking for a talented animator to join our team and bring characters to life for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting. A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated animator with a combination of technical skills and the ability to create engaging, lifelike character animations.NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances. Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.Responsibilities
Create full body animations for in game character actions and real-time cinematics.
- Create compelling and expressive facial animations.
- Work with animation programmers to create realistic, yet functional game-ready actions.
- Modify animations based on artistic or technical feedback.Requirements
Expertise creating 3D animations in 3DS Max or Maya.
- Keen understanding of how to create first person and third person gameplay animations.
- Comfortable creating a full sets of movement animations for biped humans, quadripeds, birds, and a variety of other creatures.
- Comfortable producing cinematics that involve interactions between multiple characters.
- Able to produce a full range of facial expressions and realistic lip synchronization using morph targets / blend shapes.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.Bonus Skills
Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software.
- Experience with Motionbuilder.
- Experience using modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with rigging, skinning, and scripting.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating several character animations you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to [email protected]
, subject "3D Animator".
Job Posting: https://www.tacticstudios.com/careers.php?jobID=7