Home Technical Talk

Blender - Adding and Splitting screens

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Method14253 polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys I am looking to find out how to have object screen, camera screen and node graph screen all visible in one layout. What I want shown below.

Thanks!

Replies

• birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Can you be more specific about what you're struggling with? Is it finding the exact point to split the screen, changing the mode or what?

At the risk of stating something you already know:

1. Click on the right corner of the viewport 1 and drag horizontally to split it.

(gif from stackoverflow answer)

2. On the right side, repeat the process, but vertically now.

3. Set 1 and 2 to 3D Viewport mode, and hover the area 2 with mouse and press Numpad 0. Change window 3 to Shader Editor mode.
  • Method14253
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can split teh screen as you are saying, I just cant get the Node editor to show up as a screen. I currently have a modeling screen and a camera screen. Just not the node editor screen
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    @Method14253 Okay, you want this one:

If it shows something other than the material then click on the shader type (it might be Line Style or World) on the right side of this dropdown and pick "Object". A tree will appear, but only if your material is node-enabled.

You can also switch modes through shortcuts. It might or might not be the same as mine.
  • Method14253
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boom got it! that worked Thank you, I even reached out to the guy doing the tutorial I paid for and he wouldnt even respond.... Don't expect much help from Romain Jouandeau on his $25 tutorials...
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    That's not very fair to him. It's a tutorial, not a class nor mentorship—people may offer them as-is, without the compromise of keeping it up to date with the latest releases or of being available themselves for consultation—, and it's the weekend. Even if it weren't people might not be able to promptly answer you.

I understand you're upset because there's money involved but this was uncalled for and doesn't pertain to the thread's subject. A compliment dissing someone else is not a compliment. Sure, you're free to refocus or derail your own threads, but you're placing the people visiting it, who have absolutely nothing to do with that situation, in an uncomfortable position... and that works against you. You're the one not getting helped when they're driven away. If you focus in ensuring you're asking good, clear questions instead you'll have an easier access to the valuable knowledge of the experienced professionals in this community.
  • Method14253
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Invalid.
    1. This does pertain to the subject because he is the reason I am even asking the question in the first place.
    2. If I purchased a tutorial covering process and the process is not covered nor explained upon outreach the tutorial should receive poor review. I am not saying the entire tutorial is bad but it is certainly lacking explanation to which he did not explain even after reaching out.
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Well. I have zero interest in being dragged into (or further dragging!) this. Best of luck to you.
  • Method14253
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In any case I do appreciate your help, without people like you I would probably never know how to jump some of these technical hurdles.