Home Technical Talk

mirror UV parts

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Lesyndrel polycounter lvl 2
could anybody help with an advice ) how to mirror and overlap only these two parts of UV in Maya?
couldn't find the answer in the Internet. 
thanks!)

Replies

• Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    have you tried "stack similar"?

If that doesn't work you could just delete half the mesh, UV that half, and mirror a new half, since it's been UV'd already, the new mirrored halfs UV would already be stacked. 
  • Lesyndrel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel said:
    have you tried "stack similar"?

If that doesn't work you could just delete half the mesh, UV that half, and mirror a new half, since it's been UV'd already, the new mirrored halfs UV would already be stacked. 
    I'm new to maya.. don't know whta is that. I'll search)
    overlap doesn't go in my case maybe.. the pieces should be mirrored somehow to look the same direction.. It lookes so complicated, that I just left as it is
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Open your UV editor. Make sure UV toolkit is visible. That is under tools in the UV editor. You should see an option that says show UV Toolkit. I hope this GIF helps.
  • Lesyndrel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage said:
    Open your UV editor. Make sure UV toolkit is visible. That is under tools in the UV editor. You should see an option that says show UV Toolkit. I hope this GIF helps.
    COOL!!!! thanks!!!!)) I missed those somehow
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The simplest way is to simply delete one of the parts, and re-mirror the other mesh.