Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter and Visible Seams...

I cant get around getting this fixed no matter what. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any model I do I cat bake High to Low properly.

This is a very simple object with just bevel added on the high poly model. I cannot get rid of the ugly visible seams.

I am using Blender for the model.
I have cage file but wheater I use it or not it gives me the same problem.

I provided the files if anyone would be interested in helping me fix this annoying problem...

Replies

• Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    First of all, zoom out. Texture resolution isn't infinite so if you're zooming into like 2 pixels worth of your UV space then there will of course be obvious seams.

Second, the UV's on this object are a bit jacked up. Tiny little cuts all over, single face UV islands that have no texture space (literally some UV shells that are a flat line), areas with almost no shell padding, large ngons (triangulate before baking). 

If you want good output, you need good input. Read through the polycount wiki and research best practices in this area. It will save you a lot of head scratching and agonizing over issues that are easily fixable.
  • wiz5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the same problem. I am trying to put a simple hardsurface test model to substance. Just „high poly” ans seems are visible
  • Ariaxu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ariaxu polycounter lvl 5
    Have you checked your smoothing groups maybe?