Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer Shininess Issue and Lighting

SiegePerilous
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
SiegePerilous polycounter lvl 9
I'm looking to finish up a portfolio piece and I'm trying to make a Marmoset Viewer Export.

I seem to be having 2 issues.
1. The Marmoset Viewer file/render comes out as very shiny.
2. The resulting file/render seems to lack most of the look of the lighting I've set up in Marmoset.

I got a warning that Omni lights would not export, so I've changed every VISIBLE light to non-Omni. Problems persist.
I got a warning that only 3 lights would cast shadows (as seen in image). Even when I drop to 3 lights these problems persist similarly.

Here are my current options. I've tried with and without lossless normals. No difference I can see.

Marmo scene(above) pre-viewer export. Resulting shiny? or glossy? viewer render(below). Lights also seem very weak.

Thanks!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are currently some problems with Viewer export matching the results in Toolbag 4. We plan to fix this in the next release (4.03). Unfortunately, I don't have an estimate for this yet.

In the meantime, if you have a license, Toolbag 3 provides a more accurate target for Viewer export.
  • SiegePerilous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SiegePerilous polycounter lvl 9
    Ok great thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just hold off for now or go as you say to Marmo 3 (if I have a working license for that with Marmo 4). Regardless thanks.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok great thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just hold off for now or go as you say to Marmo 3 (if I have a working license for that with Marmo 4). Regardless thanks.
    No worries. If you have a license for Toolbag 3 it will continue to function if you've purchased Toolbag 4. You can have both installed at the same time as well. You can find old installers here: https://marmoset.co/toolbag/history/ - I think you should be able to get the TB3 installer from the account section on our site too.