pls delete

focus_method
polycounter lvl 4

Replies

• TurboHusky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TurboHusky polycounter lvl 10
    That's a really difficult question to answer! I don't know. If I were you I'd try break it down a little further.

First of all, should you pursue this as a career? By that I mean what is the state of the industry where you live? For me the local entertainment industry is for the most part a gig industry. That means no job security (so everyone freelances), and the pay isn't great. There are one or two good studios if you can get in there, so if they are doing things that interest you then fantastic. But that's just where I live. I don't know what the situation is for you, but if it were me I'd do some due diligence and find out whether or not what's on offer is what you actually want.

Next is assuming you like what you see and think that line of work will work for you, the question is how to get in? That's another difficult to answer question. Most jobs really do come down to who you know to a greater or lesser extent. And without knowing what personal or professional connections you already have, it's very hard to know what advice to give. If there is some sort of local art community then get involved. And take an interest in what's going on at places you might want to work. The trick is to engage without trying to push your own work all the time, so just bear that in mind. A good trick when approaching people is to ask them about their stuff, for two reasons. First it's a good way to gauge the temperature. If they're friendly and responsive there's a better chance of making a connection. If not, it might be an indication to keep moving and look elsewhere. Secondly, if they're open to engagement, people love talking about themselves. 😁

Finally, and this is probably where Polycount can help, ask how you can improve your work and take it to a higher standard. At a glance it looks like you're on the right track, but need some polish in a few places. I'd say the reason you have had no responses is that a whole portfolio is just too much to review. Pick one thing you know you could do better and ask a more specific question.

Good luck my friend!