Home Technical Talk

UV copy bug

Hello Polycount community.
I am facing a frustrating problem that I don't know how to solve. I am trying to copy my UV from a mesh to another, but visual artifacts shows up when I do so. The 2 meshes are exactly the same, same number of vertices, faces and edges, vertices have the same numbers from a mesh to another. And yet, It seems like I can't copy UVs from a mesh to another.
Here is what it looks like with Screenshots. My first mesh is the T-pose mesh with the correct UV layout. The UVs looks clean :

On the second mesh, it's the pose I made in Zbrush. Once again, the mesh are the same, same topology, same vertices numbers etc, just the pose is different. When I copy the UVs from the T-pose to the posed mesh, it looks like that :

Notice how the UV layout looks exactly the same, but seams are visible on the 3D mesh that are not visible on the UV layout.

It gets worse when I try to apply the textures on Marmoset for example : on the T-pose, textures looks great :

But on the posed mesh :

I am speculating that is the same issue. If anyone has the answer to this it would be awesome and save me a great amount of time. I tried everything, deleting the UV, reset Xform, reapplying the UVs... I always end up with the same issue. In the past (on older version of 3ds max) I used this technique to copy/paste UVs without any problems.
I am using 3DS max 2018 right now.
I did the textures in Substance Painter, I don't think it's really important but maybe worth mentionning.

Replies