Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique and advice on my 3D Tutorials

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
gbpackers polycounter lvl 4
Hi all, been doing 3D tutorials for a few years and even though I feel confident with it, it'd be cool if I could get some feedback from those who know what they're talking about.

Newest video is here - https://youtu.be/eFkxX8vctYw

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Images of the final output below.

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Hi There.

Chiming in to share a few thoughts, although half the time I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about however I've 3D modeled automotive content for a number of years alongside or until very recently trying too broaden my creative tool kit by exploring 2D digital techniques drawing hard surface objects as well, so hopefully my critique comes across with at least a bare minimum succinct clarity :)

Firstly, kudos getting the website up and running . I personally feel there's still a need for free?! (tbh not sure on if you'll eventually monetize your content? ) online dedicated centralized teaching resource I think you're promoting here, imparting basic fundamentals modeling cars which essentially would not only benefit newcomers but really in my opinion all levels of expertise whether refreshing a lapsed skill set or picking up a new one.

A couple of points:

- Usually if a first time viewing, I'll tend to switch between theater mode and full screen, testing screen capture resolution especially when the 3D work space is pulled into view, if I can't read the tool shelf menus clearly then that's a turn off for me but in this case quite good.

- Narration pacing is fine, individual operation descriptions were straightforward too follow though did encounter a sudden drop in audio to 50% after the intro, had to turn the volume up a bit maybe due to my WiFi modem or some extraneous glitch.

Actually watching this installment end-to-end I've decided to make game rez piece based off of the R-8, haven't modeled anything worth my time and effort over the previous 14 months so a great re-entry project to road test a few workflow tweaks.

Anyways subscribed, will keep an eye out for part 2.

Cheers.           
  • gbpackers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gbpackers polycounter lvl 4
    sacboi said:
    Hi There.

Chiming in to share a few thoughts, although half the time I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about however I've 3D modeled automotive content for a number of years alongside or until very recently trying too broaden my creative tool kit by exploring 2D digital techniques drawing hard surface objects as well, so hopefully my critique comes across with at least a bare minimum succinct clarity :)

Firstly, kudos getting the website up and running . I personally feel there's still a need for free?! (tbh not sure on if you'll eventually monetize your content? ) online dedicated centralized teaching resource I think you're promoting here, imparting basic fundamentals modeling cars which essentially would not only benefit newcomers but really in my opinion all levels of expertise whether refreshing a lapsed skill set or picking up a new one.

A couple of points:

- Usually if a first time viewing, I'll tend to switch between theater mode and full screen, testing screen capture resolution especially when the 3D work space is pulled into view, if I can't read the tool shelf menus clearly then that's a turn off for me but in this case quite good.

- Narration pacing is fine, individual operation descriptions were straightforward too follow though did encounter a sudden drop in audio to 50% after the intro, had to turn the volume up a bit maybe due to my WiFi modem or some extraneous glitch.

Actually watching this installment end-to-end I've decided to make game rez piece based off of the R-8, haven't modeled anything worth my time and effort over the previous 14 months so a great re-entry project to road test a few workflow tweaks.

Anyways subscribed, will keep an eye out for part 2.

Cheers.           
    Thanks a lot for the comment and the sub! 

Nah I plan to keep it free, maybe an unobtrusive ad or two on the website if it manages to gain some traffic from the videos.

Great point, I'll maybe invest in a 1440p monitor if the channel takes off to make sure everyone can clearly see the interface, that's actually something I didn't consider at all.

Volume change must have happened when rendering as I didn't notice it in Premier but definitely isn't an issue with your wifi, something I'll need to keep an eye on in future exports.

Glad the video inspired you to start a new project! Thanks again for the comments, much appreciated!
  • CiprianHanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CiprianHanga polycounter lvl 6
    Awesome, I can't wait to see more tutorials! Good luck!