Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - subtool groups and bake prep

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Torch interpolator
Hi, just had a quick question regarding subtool groups and merging. Is there a way to setup Zbrush to automate naming subtool groups when you merge them? Right now I have in the attached example a folder named 'bakeset1' and when merged, is renamed as a single subtool to 'Merged_bakeset01' Ideally when merging folders it would be great to have the same name as the folder (then I can use a batch file name utility to just add '_high' to everything later.)

Is it possible to remove the prefix _merged_ and just have the same subtool name as the folder? Thanks

Replies

• floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Hey Phil!
    I might be able to help you with this one. I wrote an obj batch exporter, which also handles renaming/merging/..
    The plugin is not yet released, but we use it in our studio and so far it's pretty stable. If you are interested PM me here or on Artstation :)

edit:
    This is what you get with one click:

No need to bother with Subtool names, just set up the folder names correctly and hit export. Each folder then gets collapsed and the new mesh will be exported with the folder's original name.