Home Marmoset

How to avoid marmoset baking meshes I dont want it to?

To explain myself better, I've modeled a car, All except 2 meshes from the model have their respective high mesh, the issue comes down to the fact that no matter if I bake the model with or without this 2 meshes, their smoothing gets affected by the bake.
The first picture shows what the marmoset does to the mesh and the second is how it should look, just with the smoothing groups.
Is it possible to do something like in Substance Painter, where if the mesh doesnt have a high tied to it it is left untouched by the bake?
I hope I made myself clear
Thanks.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If there is no high poly mesh associated with this, the rays will miss and this area will be treated as empty, so the pixel padding from the other areas will bleed into this area. The easiest thing to do in this case would be to make a copy of your low poly mesh and use that as the high poly mesh for this area.
  • Spyti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If there is no high poly mesh associated with this, the rays will miss and this area will be treated as empty, so the pixel padding from the other areas will bleed into this area. The easiest thing to do in this case would be to make a copy of your low poly mesh and use that as the high poly mesh for this area.
    Hey, it worked! Thanks!