We are recruiting a Technical Animator (Rigger) and an Animator for an RTS game project by a small indie Northern Irish studio. This will be several months' work with a competitive rate. This role only applies to people in the EU/EEA or UK area. We are looking to fill these positions within three months of the posting. Candidates who can fulfil both roles will be considered.
A Sci-Fi RTS game like Command & Conquer but with its own unique twists. The animator and technical animator must work with both bipedal and insectoid characters.
- There will be at least four main unit types, three of which have reverse legs (dog legs).
- These rigs should be built in such a way that we will be able to transfer or retarget the animation between the rigs easily within the animation software. Therefore it may be beneficial if you have scripting knowledge.
- There will also be a variety of insectoid creatures to rig.
- The player controls at least four types of bipedal creatures that will need the standard array of RTS game animations, such as idles, locomotion, attacks and death.
- There will be a variety of weapon types which will necessitate different attack animations.
- There will also be a variety of insectoids that are used to gather resources on the map.
- We would prefer a candidate who has experience integrating animations into Unity and Mecanim or a similar game engine and animation system.
- You must live in the EU/EEA or UK area.
- You must have your own license of Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max. Blender users are also considered.
Include your C.V. and portfolio or showreel. Please also state your proficiency with each animation package (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender) and game engine(s).