Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Victorian

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
RobertoBoccara polycounter lvl 3
Hey everyone!
I thought I'd wrap up this project and give it it's final touches. It's been a fun small project, however I didn't want to grind it out too long as there's so much more that I want to explore. For a first piece in my professional portfolio however, I think it does justice. I know there are things that can be improved, things I'd like to change and things I'd have done differently. However knowing when to stop too is an important thing.
What do you think? Any feedback would be really cool for my next project, I hope to make things even better. Yet completely different!
You can find the full showcase on my artstation: 
ArtStation - Roberto Boccara

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, this looks neat! I know you said it's finished, but I think you could do a few easy quick things which would dramatically improve it. Right now, everything is the same brown tone. Nothing stands out. If you put a blur on the image, it would just look like a brown square with bright lights hanging from the ceiling. Right now, there needs to be a focal point. Something to draw my eye in. I don't know what to look at right now.

If you went in and did a few adjustments in texturing, and made some variance of colour and brightness, it would help make things around the room pop. Those books on the wall could have some brighter colours, or the plates could be a bit brighter. Right now it kinda looks like a scene from Resident Evil.

Two other pieces of critique are the curtains don't look like fabric, and there could be some clutter on the counter.

Neat work, look forward to seeing future stuff!